What is a Baffle?
It is a good idea to have more than one person to work this out due to the size of the mattress.
- Mattress must be drained with an electrical pump down to a weight of 50 lb. or less.
- Remove cap and insert (this will allow air into the mattress) or add air with use of shop vacuum.
- Begin at either the head or foot of the mattress, wherever the bulk of baffle has shifted.
- Grab baffle and vinyl at the same time, pick up as high as possible and shake mattress. (Gravity will begin to pull the baffle down).
- Follow the same procedure for all other sides (grab fiber & vinyl, pick up and shake).
- Fiber should feel totally flat before filling.
NOTE: The key to straightening baffles successfully is to have mattress drained thoroughly.
(Approximate weights 30 - 40 lb.)